Various alumni groups and batches have contributed for the development of UVCE in various ways. Through UVCE Graduates Association, we intend to make a list of these initiatives in order to motivate others and also build a strong case for creating the platform – Alumni community coming together – in the form of UVCE Graduates Association.
The content of this list has been compiled to the best of our knowledge. Please let us know if you have more information and we would be glad to include it
Batches/ Individuals contributions
- 1962 Batch: 15 Lakhs were collected during their Golden Jubilee Reunion and deposited it with Bangalore University for providing 3 Gold Medals for the students (from Civil, Mechanical & Electrical Toppers respectively)
- 1973 Batch: Around 4 Lakh rupees given as Scholarships to around 45 students in the past 10 years alone (they have been giving scholarships previously too). These students continue to get the scholarships for 4 years based on their performance.
- 1993 ECE Batch: After their Silver Jubilee Reunion, they have contributed around 85 Thousand rupees worth Projector & Video Setup for the Mechanical Department.
- 1966 & 1967 MECH Batch: Around 1 Lakh worth of Video Systems installed in 3 Classrooms of the Mechanical Department.
- 1997 EEE Batch: 21 Computer Systems (high-end configuration) worth of around 6 Lakh rupees provided for Computer Science Lab of Electrical Department
- 2015 EEE Batch: Refurbishing of DC Machine Lab of the Electrical Department, worth of around 60-70 Thousand was completed.
- 1995 EEE Batch: 2.5 Lakh worth of work being done for AC Machine Lab of Electrical Department
- Govind Lakshman of 1971 Batch: Has pledged around 10 Lakhs for the improvement of Seminar Hall in Mechanical Department
- Visvesvaraya Jala Nigam Ltd : K Jaiprakash (MD, VJNL) and Madhav (CE, VJNL) and other alumni part of the organization played a key role in the contribution of 2 Crores from CSR funds for the renovation work through the Govt.
- In the past 8 years, around 1200+ students have received UVCE Foundation Scholarships worth of approximately 1.6 Crores
- Working with Infosys Foundation, UVCE Foundation has provided Communication & Skill Development training to around 100 students from past 2 years
- For setting up Water Institute, UVCE Foundation has pledged 1 Crore rupees and signed a MoU with Bangalore University to create a Centre of Excellence accordingly
- Helped in getting a MoU signed with Schneider Electric with the college to setup a R&D Lab for Power Electronics (Electrical Department) and assured 5Lakh rupees as support fund
- From this year, around 20 girl students (staying in the Bangalore University Ladies Students Hostel) will be receiving 50 Thousand rupees each
- Furnishing of 4 Labs of Computer Science Department – includes latest computer systems, 3 overhead projectors with screen (wireless), 86 inch Interactive Board, table furniture, window blinds, chairs etc – is completed and these are fully functional now. Around 50 Lakhs is the amount contributed towards this initiative
- Renovation of Placement Office along with setting up a Online Test centre is in progress and UVCE Foundation has pledged around 40 Lakhs towards this cause. This work will be completed within next few weeks and the rooms will be available for the students.
- Around 385 students have received VU Scholarships worth of around 30 Lakhs in the past 9 years
- Around 10 Lakhs has been spent towards various college furnishing/ civil works – equipment for Microprocessor Lab of CS Dept; Lecture Complex Restroom revamp; ECE & EEE Department Lab Equipment Servicing; Rock Garden & Open Air Auditorium Cleaning & Deweeding; G2C2 Room Refurbishing; Installation of Water Purifier for MECH block; Around 20 CPUs for EEE Department Lab etc- in the past 10 years.
- Around 7 Lakhs was spent towards various student initiatives and activities – UVCE Jaatre; Event Sponsorship; SAE Competition Sponsorship; Student Project Funding etc
- Organized Get Togethers for Alumni – Sammilana – many times; Conducted 5K Centenary Marathon in April 2017 which was attended by more than 800 participants ( alumni, faculty & students); Published 2 volumes of Avalokana; Organized Centenary Celebrations – UVCE Payana in June 2018 witnessed by more than 600 alumni. A total of around 25-30 Lakhs budget can be considered for the events in the span of past 3-4 years.
- From the amount saved during UVCE Payana, around 2 Lakhs has been utilized towards the furnishing of the Computer Lab of Electrical Department. This has been completed recently.
UVCE Mega Reunion
One of the major triggering points for all the various initiatives by alumni was UVCE MegaReunion. Conceptualized and Organized by various individuals, UVCE Foundation & VisionUVCE during January 2011, it was one of its kind which is fondly remembered by the alumni who attended it. Around 1500+ alumni attended the 2 Day saga at Palace Grounds.