We held a Press Conference on Monday 11th, April 2022 at Century Club. The Key Agenda of it was :
- Thank the State Govt for passing the UVCE Act 2021 and making UVCE an autonomous institute.
- UVCEGA’s aim is to revitalize alumni network and play active part in making UVCE reach new heights.
- UVCE Graduates Association focus on building a strong alumni community.
We had the following people interact with the media:
- Dr V K Aatre, alumnus of UVCE from 1961 Electrical batch and PadmaVibhushan, ex Scientific Advisor to the Defense Ministry
- Major General Neelakantappa, alumnus from 1962 Electrical batch and President of UVCE Graduates Association
- GovindLakshman, alumnus of 1971 Mechanical batch and USA based businessman
- Srikanth, alumnus of 1993 Electronics batch and a Senior Director in one of the leading MNCs
There was wide coverage across newspapers on 12th April and here are few glimpses
Times of India
The next day, Golden Jubilee Reunion of 1971 batch was organized. So, there was one more coverage on April 13th in another daily called “NewsTrail” on both points
We thank the media houses for publishing these articles. If you want to read the stories online, here are the links:
- The Hindu – https://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/bangalore/uvce-alumni-to-raise-funds-for-alma-mater/article65311827.ece/amp/
- Times of India – https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/bengaluru/alumni-to-raise-30cr-for-uvce/articleshow/90787470.cms
- Prajavani – https://www.prajavani.net/district/bengaluru-city/30-crore-collection-target-uvce-bengaluru-927667.html
- NewsTrail – https://newstrailindia.com/inner.php?id=6441
If you want to know more about the UVCE Act-2021 and the Gazette Notification, click here for details